"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win"– Mahatma Gandhi.

You are here: home

Are Promoters of Dental Amalgam Poisoned by Mercury? Jaro Pleva Ph.D.


Abstract The insidious effects of mercury, used in dentistry, on mental performance of dental personnel might possibly be a partial explanation of impaired cognitive function and of inability to initiate corrective measures against the supplementation of a large part of the world population with uncontrollable doses of mercury from dental amalgam fillings. The mercury effects in dentists may lead to a neurotic syndrome comprising increase in aggressive mood, seclusion and reluctance to cooperate with other scientific disciplines.



The information on this website is not intended to, and does not, in anyway, constitute medical advice. The material is provided for information purposes only. It is based upon the Authors’ personal experiences. Please consult your qualified medical professional. Anyone considering removal of their amalgam fillings should be aware that the process is DANGEROUS as it releases highly toxic mercury vapour. It should only be undertaken by an experienced mercury-free dentist using full IAOMT protocols in order to minimise the risk of exposure to mercury.