"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win"– Mahatma Gandhi.

You are here: home

A Dental Assistant Died from Mercury Poisoning.


Translation from Zahnärztliche Mitteilungen (German: ,Dental Communications´) No 4/51, p. 104. Her work as a dental assistant included the handling of dental amalgam. She had been instructed in the correct handling of amalgam. Nevertheless, she had clearly developed mercury poisoning. Medical report describes the case as follows:



The information on this website is not intended to, and does not, in anyway, constitute medical advice. The material is provided for information purposes only. It is based upon the Authors’ personal experiences. Please consult your qualified medical professional. Anyone considering removal of their amalgam fillings should be aware that the process is DANGEROUS as it releases highly toxic mercury vapour. It should only be undertaken by an experienced mercury-free dentist using full IAOMT protocols in order to minimise the risk of exposure to mercury.