"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win"– Mahatma Gandhi.

You are here: home

'To the Deans of Dentistry' An open letter from Robert Gammal BDS.


The continued teaching and use of mercury amalgam ensures that every dental student (and possibly every person in the dental hospital) will be exposed to massive levels of mercury vapour. The health of every dental student is at best compromised, if not irreversibly damaged by this practice. Dental mercury amalgam is neither safe nor effective.

To the Deans of Dentistry.


The information on this website is not intended to, and does not, in anyway, constitute medical advice. The material is provided for information purposes only. It is based upon the Authors’ personal experiences. Please consult your qualified medical professional. Anyone considering removal of their amalgam fillings should be aware that the process is DANGEROUS as it releases highly toxic mercury vapour. It should only be undertaken by an experienced mercury-free dentist using full IAOMT protocols in order to minimise the risk of exposure to mercury.