"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win"– Mahatma Gandhi.

You are here: home

‘Neurotoxic Effects of Mercury in Dental Nurses’ by Michael Bender, Director of the Mercury Policy Project/Tides Center America.


This is a presentation from the FDA Public Hearing on 7th September, 2006, where two panels (a dental panel and neurology panel) made up of distinguished scientists, convened for the sole purpose of addressing the neuro-toxicity of mercury amalgam fillings and also the effects of mercury on dental personnel.



The information on this website is not intended to, and does not, in anyway, constitute medical advice. The material is provided for information purposes only. It is based upon the Authors’ personal experiences. Please consult your qualified medical professional. Anyone considering removal of their amalgam fillings should be aware that the process is DANGEROUS as it releases highly toxic mercury vapour. It should only be undertaken by an experienced mercury-free dentist using full IAOMT protocols in order to minimise the risk of exposure to mercury.